CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Prayer Requests

Well, I will start off by saying that Cory's Sister that visited with us 2 weeks ago had surgery on Friday to remove a tumor around her thyroid. We got a report that Kendra did really well with the surgery and other than a litlle post-op nausea, she should be on the road to recovery. Cory called her this morning and got a good report. She is really sore in the throat area and her voice is still somewhat impaired, but she seemed in good spirits. As you feel led, please remember her in her recovery. She will see her Dr. this week for follow-up and will find out the results of the biopsies taken. There is a 20% chance of Cancer, but the Dr. is hopeful that is was a benign tumor.
Cory will be calling his ENT Dr. this week for a 3rd follow up. He is still unable to hear anything other than muffled sound in his left ear. Our next step is outpatient surgery where they will lift up the ear drum and visualize the bones beneath to look for further damage. I know our trust isn't in man, but in the Lord. I have to admit some distrust in this Dr, but I know God is greater and I can place my trust in Him. Please pray with us!!! I know this trial is designed to do us good, even though we are ready to be delivered from it!!! It will be in His timing.
Cory expressed today his sadness about missing the meeting. Although we feel this is the right thing at this time, it doesn't make us missing everyone any easier. Please pray that God will give us peace in our trip and our time with those there. I know we can be an extension of Him. We will really miss the time of fellowship in his people; it is always such a refresher.
No pictures today, my camara battery is dead and Cory and I cannot find the charger...I am so sad. I just cannot stand missing all the good photo ops!!!!

Happy Birthday Granny RUBY!!!! The big 90!!!!


0 comments: