CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Strawberries and a good time!!!





Tuesday proved to be a busy day for us. We ventured out to pick strawberries. I thought this would not only be a great experience for Meredith, but also good to have some fresh strawberries for her party on Saturday. Boy, they were delicious. It goes without saying that Meredith enjoyed eating them, while I picked them. She really had a blast.
It was a beautiful day. Grammy came over around lunch time and sat with Meredith while she napped so that Cory and I could meet dad at Sam's Club, and 84 dollars later we left. We totally could have spent more, but had to use restraint. Of course, once we arrived home Meredith was awake from her nap and Grammy announced she was leaving to go to the Grocery store. Meredith began to cry and say "groceries grammy, groceries grammy." And I am sure you can figure out what happended next....grammy offered to take her to the grocery store and home for the evening. Cory and I tried to rest, but for some reason our phone was ringin off the hook and neither one of us napped as we wanted to. Drew had invited me to a welcome to SC party for my childhood/lifelong friend Rebekah. We had the MOST delicious meal at Karen's home and really had a great time of fellowship. We definately need to do this often.

Today has been somewhat uneventful. I swear children have a radar for when you need to get something done....they always seem to be more needy on the days when you have an agenda. Thank God today I have really not been stressed to get any one thing done, just doing little things here or there as I am able. Meredith was excited today to fill up her swimming pool for the first time this spring. She immediately had to jump in, fully clothed and prclaim"cold swimming." We changed into her bathing suit and she only played for a bout 15 minutes until she was asking to go inside...something she has never done.
She must have been really cold. Tommorrow she is going over to Hannah's house while I work for the day. I have to say I am usually exicted to go in, but with all that is on my plate right now, this is just a thorn in my side.....but you gotta make money, right? I hope I am not being crazy by thinking that I will be able to get all of my cleaning done on Friday after Lindsey picks Meredith up after school. I will let you know on Friday!!!



0 comments: