CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Meredith's necklace


Meredith discovered this afternoon, a necklace her Aunt Pat gave her for her birthday. I have been too nervous about her wearing it, so it has been in her closet until I was ready for her to see it. Although she is the tomboy, she also loves her girly stuff, so I knew once she saw it, she would be wanting to wear it and I wasn't quite sure how gentle she would be. She got into her closet and pulled it out and said "Ohhhhh Necklace mommy!" I explained to her that it was her necklace and she could wear it, but it was very special and she had to be very easy and gentle with it. I asked her if she wanted to wear it and of course she said "Yes. " She stayed very still while I put it on her and she immediately wanted to go look in the mirror. But before we did, I explained to her that her Nanny, who is in heaven, gave her this special heart necklace. It was so sweet, she doesn't even know her Nanny, but she ran up to her daddy and said it was her"Nanny Necklace." My eyes filled up with tears, because I could just tell this was special to her.
And of course we took it off before Gene and Lindsey (her 2nd parents) took her to their house to spend the night since I still am not up to par!!! How sweet!!!

0 comments: