CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 19, 2008

I sure did like the Zoo...





So what has our week entailed??? Well, I started off the week not feeling well...stomach troubles that lasted until today. Meredith had a good week visiting with mom and a good school Christmas party. I missed the party because my right eye was yucky and I was worried I had pink eye, but now I think I just had an infected contact. Meredith's class made the cutest reindeer shirts for the season. Today we went to MOPS group and enjoyed a time of relaxation and discussion on the Greatest Story Ever Told. Our speaker focused on the life of Jesus through the eyes of Mary. It was really touching to me to see that through all that Mary faced, carrying the Blessed One, Delivering in a Stable, having all the visitors to see the Baby Jesus, and then to later watch her Son die on the cross, she continued to trust God and partnered with Him to follow in His will for her life and always had perfect peace in Him. It really spoke to me in a special way and renewed the burden within me to really trust God that He is in charge and I can rely on Him to provide for everything I need, and if He does not provide it for me, then I can have perfect peace knowing it was not His will. God help me to dwell on this and not to get my eyes focused on the contrary.

Meredith and I went last night to the Lights at the Zoo. I was so impressed. I was not sure what to expect, but we had a blast. The lights were great, as well as the pretend snow falling. It was a beautiful night and we enjoyed visiting Santa and looking at the awesome lights set out and we even watched a cute 3D movie about Santa's elf.
Meredith had an accident in the theater, but that did not dampen our spirits....even though it kept us from riding the Carousel. She has been regressing lately in that area and I have to admit, just when I thought we had things nipped in the bud, she is really struggling this week. Oh well, I pray for wisdom to know what is going on and strength and grace to get through this difficult time.
Meredith woke up from her nap with a 102 fever today and ran a fever into the evening. It was really scary, because it came out of the blue, with no other symptoms. I just had to pray over her and know that God will protect her and give Cory and I wisdom to know what to do. We need peace in knowing that God is watching over her and will help us as parents to know if there is something going on!!! I will keep you posted on her progress....hopefully tommorrow will prove to be better for her!!! Maybe I will even be able to report that she is all better?? I can hope right?

0 comments: