CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hanging in There


As most of you know, and some of you do not....Meredith came down very ill on Sunday afternoon. She was up most of the night and by Monday morning she was pale and had lots of blood in her stool. After a whirlwind week of being "quarantined" inside, Meredith went back to her regular Dr today to be seen. We still are not sure why she is having the bleeding. We are leaning toward infectious diarrhea...from an infection, but they have not totally ruled out Salmonella. We are hopeful that Meredith is on the mend. She is maintaining a good hemaglobin and weight, even thought she isn't eating much at all, if any. Which most of you know is rare for her!!! She still looks quite puny, but is fighting through to do some of her normal activities, like swinging and going outside. I think this helps perk her up. We were told today to keep Meredith home until the diarrhea is gone...please pray for us as this has been extremely hard to do for me and for Meredith....she is asking to go just about everywhere and movies are not entertaining any more. We were also told to eliminate dairy for the next week to help her gut to heal....and Meredith is a "milky" lover. We could be remembered here as well. As for Cory, he is handling is much better than me...but we both could use the prayers. I was so happy to get out last night and go to church. It was such a revival to me as I feel "stuck"here at home...(I am just being real here). God is good and I know He will continue to see us through, we just thought you all might want an update.
I will also enclose some more pics...you know it would not be a good blog without pics...these are pre sickness.

Cory took Meredith "to the woods" to finish up some project. And yesterday, Cory washed the car, with Meredith's help. She insisted on scrubbing the landscaping pavers. This was her outing for the day yesterday......I will keep you guys posted on Meredee's progress....Thanks!!

ps--I am sad that Meredith had to miss her story time this week....it was on Teddy bears and the kids all brought their own bears. And she missed school today....it was taste and smell fair. Oh well, she did not know what she missed...only I did!!

0 comments: